All Other Counties: 801.709.6309



Petition for relatives living outside of the US

We know the immigrant community has been hit especially hard during these difficult times. We are offering 30% off all immigration services.

U.S. Citizenship Petition for Other Relatives Outside of the United States

You may, as a U.S. citizen, help a relative become a permanent resident of the U.S. by obtaining a permanent resident card (more commonly known as Green Card). You may apply for immediate relatives (spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents), as well as married children or brothers as sisters.

The U.S. citizen petitioning for the relative seeking a permanent resident card must first complete form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative ( Supporting evidence (proving your citizenship and evidence of the relationship with your family member), as well as a $535 filing fee, must be submitted to USCIS.
If you reside in the U.S., you can visit the following website ( to see where you will mail the form.

For petitioners residing outside of the U.S., there are different procedures you must follow, depending on where there is a USCIS international office in the country in which you live.

After USCIS receives the form and all of the documents, they will send you a receipt confirming the petition was received and will process the application. The National Visa Center (NVC) will notify you as well as the family member to apply for immigrant visas at the appropriate time.
Be aware, however, that each individual immigrating under the petitioner must have a financial sponsor. To be a financial sponsor, you must meet specific financial qualifications.

The law requires you to prove an income level “at or above 125 percent of the federal poverty level” but may consider your assets such as stocks, bonds, or checking and savings accounts. You must be willing to assume financial liability for the sponsored immigrant as well.
You can sponsor for that person by filing Form I-864, Affidavit of Support. However, if you do not meet the financial qualifications, another person will need to make this commitment.

You can find out more by visiting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (UCIS) website ( or by calling the offices of Liberty Law. We will work to make sure that your petition is filed accurately and successfully.

We will be looking forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your case. Please contact us today by calling 801-709-6309.